fonts problem

Yoav Avitzour avitzour at Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 29 10:32:45 GMT 2003

The following problem started after I linned the new gettext (but it
might also be related to the new fontconfig, since it happenned almost
simultaneously). Some fonts are missing from gnome/X11. The main ones
that I noticed are the good old "fixed" font, which I use in the
gnome-terminal (still available in xterm, but not in gnome-terminal),
and all the hebrew fonts which disappeared from mozilla and galeon. The
hebrew fonts still exist under the view->encoding menu, but hebrew pages
are not seen in hebrew. In gnome-terminal however, the Fixed font is not
even in the menus. I sould probably mention that I just finished
rebuilding lunar and the problem did not go away...

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Yoav