Fonts and Fontconfig

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri Apr 25 08:16:49 GMT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:27:38 -0500
Nick Hudson <nhudson2367 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> 	Tonight I added back in a fontconfig module.  Fontconfig ships
> 	with
> Xfree86, but some bugs were found in fc-cache with it registering
> fonts.
>  This is a new version that will add in the correct font directories
>  for
> all of your TTF fonts as you build it into the /etc/fonts/fonts.conf
> file.  I would strongly suggest that you lin fontconfig, you will
> prolly notcie also on how much faster fc-cache runs on your system.
> It should take out those long wait times while searching for fonts.

Builds fine, but then install fails with this:

not overwriting existing /etc/fonts/local.conf
if [ x = x ]; then fc-cache/fc-cache -f -v; fi
lt-fc-cache: "/usr/share/fonts": caching, 0 fonts, 2 dirs
lt-fc-cache: "/usr/share/fonts/truetype": lt-fc-cache: relocation error:
/usr/src/fontconfig-2.2.0/src/.libs/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined
symbol: FT_Get_BDF_Property make[2]: *** [install-data-local] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/fontconfig-2.2.0'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/fontconfig-2.2.0'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Rebuilding freetype2 didn't help. Any ideas?

	Jasper