Gettext-0.11.5

Auke Kok auke.kok at planet.nl
Mon Apr 21 19:25:15 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm about to bump gettext to 0.11.5 after 2 weeks of testing. Last time
I did so people had horrible problems, including me, because nobody
figured out that glibc and mostly glib-2 need a recompile afterwards,
since -lintl gets linked differently.

The committed gettext has a post_install that recompiles glibc and
glib-2 afterwards. In case you have problems with gtk apps I suggest a
recompile of gtk/gtk+-2 after glib/glib-2. Apart from that you are
welcome to "hold" gettext for a while.

People that are interested in the newer gettext (that accidentally fixes
a lot of new apps, since they want the newer version of -lintl, like
gaim), are invited to let us know what your experiences with this
upgrade are.

BTW: #lunar at irc.freenode.net

sofar

--