"Device eth0: failed to set address"

Eddie Maddox eddie at mngovsci.com
Sun Apr 20 03:07:53 GMT 2003

I've tried installing Lunar Linux 1.3.1 on an HP Vectra VE, Pentium II,
64 MB, 3COM 3C900B-TPO (Etherlink XL TPO).

On reboot it says:
"Device eth0: failed to set address"

I've double checked the kernel compile configs/logs to be sure I picked
the right card, etc. All seems correct to me so far.

ifconfig lists no eth0, only lo. The NIC does show up in /proc/pci.

Any and all help is appreciated, you know :)

I would really like to get LL going. I have four boxes on ethernet so
could really have things humming with distcc! I love the ncurses UI.

Thanks.

--
Eddie Maddox