Fw: [Fwd: gnome (gtk?) font config error] from Hirisov

elaine elaine at fwsystems.com
Fri Apr 18 13:08:14 GMT 2003

who's ISP is seemingly having some SMTP issues

From: Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor at aktiv.co.hu>
To: Lunar Linux Mailing "List! (all are welcome)" <lunar at lunar-linux.org>
Subject: gnome (gtk?) font config error
Date: 18 Apr 2003 13:20:07 +0000
Hi!

Thanks to Nick's help, my fonts are already perfect now, i miss only one
thing: The gtk2 applications (mozilla,xchat2) 'forget' the font
settings. I wanna use Bitstream Vera Sans everywhere. I set it under kde
kontrol center and mozilla edit/pref/appearance. If i set them in
gnome-control-center, all the gnome apps use them too. But after reboot,
they again use a strange arial or dunno exctly what. If i start
gnome-control-center again, it complains about some configuration
errors:

Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0
Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0
Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0
Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0

It always shows in a pop up after i select any item. So i selecte
desktop preferences/Font, and i can see the Bitstream fonts there. If i
simply close now the whole gnomw-control-center (NO NEED TO CHANGE
ANYTHING, as the bitstream fonts are already selected for everything!),
things get ok, both mozilla and xchat2 uses the right fonts.

But after a restart,, i again have to open up the control center an
close it...

any idea what could be the problem or how could i fix this? What's this
'configuration server' and why it doesn't run? Should i start it
somehopw at boot?

thanks, hirisov