evo mail troubles

jbrocklin at fuse.net jbrocklin at fuse.net
Sat Apr 12 16:27:14 GMT 2003

Hi All,
  I'm having an unusual problem with evo and sending mail - I can read mail just find (even signed ones), but when I try to send a message (new, reply, or forward) I get an error message saying:

"Could not create composer window:
Unable to activate HTML editor component
Please make sure you have the correct version of gtkhtml and libgtkhtml installed.

The error from the activation system is:
Nothing matched the requirements"

I rebuilt gtkhtml and libgtkhtml to no avail, then thought I'd try a lunar update - which rebuilt evo - and I still get the error.  Anyone seen this before, or know what might be the issue?  I tried running evo with debug on, but the error I got was not in the debug log (only notification messages when closing evo were in the log).

--Joe

Joe Rocklin  jbrocklin at fuse.net
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking."
 -- Albert Einstein, Physics and Reality [1936]: