mozilla AA fonts

Nick Hudson nhudson2367 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 12 13:11:28 GMT 2003

This is what I do with Mozilla and Galeon2.  Mozilla has a option to
either use the web fonts the webpage specifies or you can specify one
font for the browser.  For me I choose 1 font for every webpage being
that in my opinion most webpages use ugly ass fonts.  It makes for
better reading and its a whole lot better looking than trying to render
webpage fonts that might not be AA to being with.

As for editing your unix.js you really dont have to do that with Mozilla
1.3 if you have Xft compiled it, it kind of does it own its own.  As for
that webpage for me as I have all webpages rendering in 1 font they all
look the same.  You can take a look at some screenshopts I did to give
you a idea of what I am talking about:

http://www.nhudson.org/ss/mozilla-xft2.png
http://www.nhudson.org/ss/mozilla-gtk2.png

This next one is how I have my fonts setup in my prefrences under
Mozilla

http://www.nhudson.org/ss/mozilla.png

If you have any questions or thoughts please let me know.  AA fonts are
a bit tricky and I work on it every day to try to fiond a better way of
doing things in Lunar with AA fonts.  Hopefully one day I will find a
solution that will solve alot of problems.  Main one that I run into
most if not all of the core fonts are not AA and cant be rendered that
way.  All of the ttf fonts are and they work well with Xft.  Now the
downside to the Core unix fonts is that some webpages I have run into
use those fonts that dont render AA at all and you get a horrible
looking font.  This is why I use 1 font to look at webpages, makes for
much easier living a reading on my eyes.

Nick

--
Nick Hudson