slow `lunar nofix` / broken file?

v4hn v4hn at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 30 21:18:10 CET 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 09:28:21PM -0700, Auke Kok wrote:
> hmm, it should probably not be running 'file' on random stuff, if at all!
>
> Find where it does that yet?

We use file to detect ELF binaries/libs in plugins/check-ldd.plugin.
I'd like to keep it that way, if you don't have an ingenious idea
for something better.

However, I'd like to propose to ignore ELF files in paths
containing '/share/' the same way we already ignore them in
/doc/, /fonts/ /include/ /man/ /modules/(?) and /var/.
(just added a merge request). The problem was that files in /usr/share/games
are otherwise checked (/usr/share) itself is not.

v4hn