Services from lunar-linux.org may be disrupted

Gaetano Cajetan tedeumjorge at gmail.com
Sun May 18 08:57:50 CEST 2014

Not that this would be feasible right now, but keep in mind many of the
decentralized data storage solutions that are coming out. Many of these
ideas were inspired out of the P2P protocol and the cryptographic
blockchain (proof of work method) of the Bitcoin cryptocurrency.

Many of these projects are in alpha stage, but it could be a possible
solution in the near future for your hosting needs. Once it matures a
bit more, it might be a possibility.

Now if anyone was wondering which projects I am talking about here are a
few of the alpha stage projects currently working for something like
that. There are some other projects which I know are working on
something similar, but hey it looks like there is hope to lower the bar
of entry. This could mean that users could simply donate free unused
space from their hard drives to help whatever projects they are
interested in helping out (or for their own data etc...).

http://storj.io/ (p2p data storage)
http://syncthing.net/  (dropbox type of alternative with some innovations)
http://cmissync.com/#function (more of a dropbox alternative)
http://drogul.us/ (p2p data storage)