Lunar-Linux ISO 1.7.0-dev

Peter de Ridder peter at lunar-linux.org
Fri May 31 13:50:31 CEST 2013

The moment we all have been waiting for is getting near.
Today we have a development release of the new 1.7.0 ISO.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.7.0-dev-i686.iso.xz
sha1:9726d45e7da33cd23eee956a69b3950d1a375890
http://www.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.7.0-dev-x86_64.iso.xzsha1:3f8a7014b921e20bfbe61b1d9da2e6da3e3bfa9b

This release has as goal to get as many people to test the installation and
check for any anomalies.
This way we can fix bugs and add missing items before we start rolling
release candidates.

As this being a dev release it is not completely finished, namely the
installer doesn't start automatically.
Here are the general instruction to get the installer going:
- Boot from the ISO by any means, e.g. VM, burning CD or flashing to USB
(it is a hybrid).
- Use the default boot option or use novga when running into trouble with
the frame buffer.
- log in with root and no password
- run lunar-install

Please report anything you find in reply to this message. If applicable
include console output.
You can caputure put with either 'lunar-install 2> /tmp/error.log' or
'lunar-install 2>&1 | tee /tmp/output.log'.

Enjoy the new ISO.

Regards,
Peter