[Lunar-commits] <moonbase-other> libgpod: Ah yeah. Need this so if systemd is installed its udev rules

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Sun Mar 31 06:45:13 CEST 2013

On 03/29/2013 05:24 PM, v4hn wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 05:20:39PM -0700, Auke Kok wrote:
>> However, () blocks are something different. I thought that I could
>> force-auto-enable this behavior, but that doesn't work properly, and
>> so () and && blocks may still be needed to trap errors.
>
> do you mean to say that a state-of-the-art BUILD file should look like this?
>>>>
> (
>    foo &&
>    default_build
> )
> <<<

no

> quite a number of BUILD files have been added lately which use just
>>>>
> foo &&
> default_build
> <<<

yes. that is the correct way.

once the BUILD file is done executing, lunar inspects $?, and so whether
or not you encapsulate the entire BUILD file in a () block or not, there
is no difference.

The only reason to use ()'s is to make a subshell. If you don't know
what a subshell is, you should probably use it.

Auke