Policy on '( ... ) > $C_FIFO 2>&1'

v4hn v4hn at lunar-linux.org
Thu Jan 24 23:59:18 CET 2013

Hey everyone,

We all know the line in the subject well enough.
For quite some time now, this line is obsolete though,
as far as I know. Last thing I've heard is that
we still wanted to leave these lines in all the BUILD files,
because people might not have switched to the current version
of the lunar toolkit.

However, quite some time has passed since then and I would
like to propose to strip this additional overhead from all BUILD
files either automatically or by hand, whenever you change one
of these files.

Any opinions?

v4hn