Auto-AddChecksum

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri Jan 18 06:14:20 CET 2013

On 01/17/2013 08:14 AM, v4hn wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> some time ago I got so annoyed at manually pasting the
> new checksum of a bumped module to the DETAILS file I wrote
> this small plugin that automatically prints/adds
> _one_ checksum for a file, given that you removed
> the old checksum (the checksum, not the prefix).
>
> You should still verify it's the correct checksum,
> but it makes live a bit easier in most cases.
> Maybe someone wants to use it.
> (improvements for multiple files are welcome as well)

I'd rather see some code that developers can run before committing to
check a bunch of things:

- general validity
- checksums or all the files
- is UPDATED set?
- did it actually compile properly the last time it was compiled?

and for each of these checks that fail, ask if the developer wants to
auto-fix them (if possible).

The reason I don't want this in plugins is because its going to bug
non-developers over and over, and they won't know how to fix the problem.

perhaps we can add this to `lunar fix`? or make a new sub command (e.g.
lunar lint $MODULE).

Auke