the -gnome3 repo

v4hn me at v4hn.de
Wed Feb 20 01:56:18 CET 2013

Hey everyone,

as you've probably seen
florin and I started to create modules for gnome3 / cinnamon
in moonbase-gnome3. A few things about that..

- This is not ready for productive use. If you simply
  add the repo and update, you're likely to break your
  entire graphical setup(given you use the gtk/gnome libs)

- gnome3 is intended to replace the gnome repo, so if you
  want to help developing/fixing bugs/porting packages,
  move your gnome section out of the moonbase, add the gnome3
  repo and run e.g. `lin cinnamon`. If you hit any bugs/miss
  a module from gnome, etc. fix them/port them and add pull
  requests to the gnome3 repo.

- do not change any modules in -other, etc. yet. Adding new
  modules is ok, but don't add references to gnome3 or gtk3,
  before it's integrated. If you need some new version
  of a module in -other, think about whether the old one
  can be removed from -other once gnome3 is added and add it
  to gnome3. We might also need an old/ section for
  older versions of modules of gnome which are needed by
  gnome external modules probably like libwnck/libnotify for xfce...

v4hn