lunar channel irc important

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Mon May 21 21:00:29 CEST 2012

@striker , sofar , ratler or whoever has channel access in #lunar

Recently we've gotten spammed a lot by some weird guy. I had to call an freenode admin to help us stopping that guy because no op was around. The freenode staff helped, but they told me:

"we usually don't interfere with channel issues unless  1) it's a network wide problem or  2) we are on the channels access list"
"us not being on there is seen by us as a request from the channel owners to not interefere with that channel, more or less."

"if you see the ops, you might want to recommend them to put *!*@freenode/staff/*  on the access list"

"Note that we still only use that in case of emergencies, we won't manage the channel (if they are afraid or so)"

"*!*@freenode/staff/*   +votirA   << this is rather common, can be achieved via    /msg ChanServ FLAGS #lunar *!*@freenode/staff/* +votirA    by someone with the needed (+f) rights"

/cites

So please, consider adding the staff to the channel and giving another dev op in #lunar Personally I'd suggest v4hn because he's pretty much around.

Jean