sun-jdk/jre problem lget

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Fri May 4 21:47:14 CEST 2012

> That's a big problem in repos of serveral distributions. What do
> you think about using openjdk?

You have to have jdk installed to build openjdk.

> Else I would recommend to display a message, that users have to
> download the binaries manually to /var/spool/lunar. Mirrors shouldn't
> be allowed, I think.

This is gentoo way. They display such message. This is not comfortable in
bare text mode (copy paste is not easy and most people are not familair
with or do not have for example links). Arch uses mirror: http://uni-
smr.ac.ru/archive/dev/java/SDKs/oracle/j2se/7/jdk-$_pkg-linux-x64.tar.gz

I decided to go 3rd way and have done a download workaround similar to
this one:
http://blog.kdecherf.com/2012/04/12/oracle-i-download-your-jdk-by-eating-
magic-cookies/

I dropped redundant options.

I added also optional JCE so now we have unlimited cryptography strength
if it is allowed in user's country.