mesa-lib and that patented patchy thingy

Jean Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Tue May 1 18:39:00 CEST 2012

Hey,

can we remove

mquery TEXTURE_FLOAT "Enable patented texture-float? (if
this patent is valid in your country choose N)" y
"--enable-texture-float" "--disable-texture-float"

please completly or rephrase the above line?

	a) there is no information on the web in which countries
	   this patent is valid or not / nor is there such informationn
	   available in lunar linux
	b) if there might be patent issues, the default for this
	   SHOULD NOT be yes - it SHOULD be no.

It's really really really a no-go to force me as a user to do research
whether this specific feature is allowed in my country or not - plus i
haven't found any information about in which countries it allowed and
in which it's not, most docs which refer to this state "it might be ..
in..." - Plus: i'm not a lawyer, why do i have to deal with patents and
such stuff? I just want my X11 working..

Jean