Automatic font manager for Lunar commit it to lunar, new API for Lunar devs

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Mar 17 23:08:55 CET 2012

Hi,

in attachment you will find automatic font managment extension to Lunar
tools. It has two commands for use in font installing modules:
addfont /path/to/font/directory
removefont /path/to/font/directory

I made it late Autumn for me because I was tired seeing that all modules
install fonts but does nothing to make them usable by X and all
applications.

If you add font installing module just add in post_install this line:
addfont /path/to/font/directory
e.g.:
addfont /usr/share/fonts/liberation-fonts-ttf

addfont will do all work:
Create font cache/scale cache and register font in X to make it available
for all applications.

removefont /path/to/font/directory
e.g.
removefont /usr/share/fonts/liberation-fonts-ttf
you can execute it in *remove scripts to unregister font in X and remove
remainings as long as font directory is in /usr/share/fonts/

There is also one more command: buildfontconfig
When you will execute addfont for first time and it will realize you do
not have font config file it will build everything for you.

This is my first step to make Lunar a great user experience out of the
box. Final step will be reached when Lunar desktop will work great out of
the box without /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski