mesa-lib

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Mon Jun 18 02:20:17 CEST 2012

On 06/17/2012 01:10 PM, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
>> Who broke this;
>>
>> + MAKES="8"
>> + Enabled wrapper script usage
>> + Editing "configure"
>> + patch_it "mesa-va-0.32.patch.bz2" "1"
>> patching file src/gallium/state_trackers/va/ftab.c
>> patching file src/gallium/state_trackers/va/va_private.h
>>   You have selected all GPU drivers or Radeon,
>> but llvm module is NOT installed.
>> Install llvm module or do not choose all or Radeon drivers
>> Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/mesa-lib-8.0.3.bz2
>> ! Problem detected during BUILD
>>

>> I don't WANT none of that crap so I said yes to which specific drivers I
>> wanted leaving them all unselected. So your gonna force me to install
>> them?
>
> Tell me your selections so I'll try to reproduce the issue.
> If mesa-lib is asking you to install llvm you might selected something
> which needs it for build.

I tried again myself, and was unable to build without gallium as well.

somewhere you put 'swrast' into gallium drivers, which pulls in llvm.

that won't work obviously, so, the logic in mesa-lib is broken.

This whole thing is a mess, I strongly suggest that we take out all the
bits that try "to be smart".

Just present the user a list for --with-dri-drivers, a list for
--with-gallium-drivers" and if it fails to compile, who cares? people
can figure that out themselves.

Inserting items into driver lists behind users' backs is the real problem.

Problematic parts are:

---->
   # Detect VMware VGA virtual 3D card and add driver for it
   VGA=`lspci | grep 'VGA.*VMware.*SVGA.*'`
   if [[ -n $VGA  ]]; then
      GALLIUMDRIVER+=" svga"
   fi  &&
<----

this should just be a driver in the selection list!

--->
  # EGL is for embedded use only when needed by deps later
   OPTS+=" --disable-egl"  &&
<----

I want EGL. This option disables EGL for my atom-based netbooks!

---->
   if [[ -n $MESADRIVER ]] ; then
     # Build selected drivers only, rather than the default of all of them
     # Ensure that swrast is included, as a fall-back
     OPTS+=" --with-dri-drivers=swrast,"
<----

again, more smartness. Just make the build break, and don't insert
swrast here.

... this file is filled with death traps.

Auke