handle lunar/theedge in lunar renew

Peter de Ridder peter at lunar-linux.org
Sun Jul 1 23:40:12 CEST 2012

Hi devs,

I created a branch for lunar/lunar.git master in peter/lunar.git
renew-lunar [1].
This is a concept change on how to handle lunar/theedge updates. This
topic came up at IRC on how to handle API changes in moonbase
regarding lunar/theedge functions.

Instead of hiding lunar/theedge from lunar renew and lunar update.
lunar renew will detect the change in lunar/theedge and force a stand
alone update of lunar/theedge.
Afterwards the user needs to run lunar renew to update the other modules.
To make this clear the user needs to confirm the lunar/theedge update
(which will default to y).
If the user says n no modules will be updated.

In some special development case a developer might want to bypass this
forces update. There are a few options there.
* lin -c $module will still work, there is not check there to see is
lunar/theedge is out dated.
* lunar hold lunar/theedge will keep the current version of
lunar/theedge. lunar renew will just update all other modules as it
doesn't detect the change is lunar/theedge.

How do you think about this change?
I don't have write access to lunar/lunar.git so I can't push this
change myself, so I kindly ask for someone to push this if this change
is accepted.

[1] http://foo-projects.org/git/?p=peter/lunar.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/renew-lunar

Regards,
Peter