zdeprecated: cleanup.

v4hn me at v4hn.de
Sun Apr 29 16:47:30 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 02:46:27PM +0200, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > It's
> > not about working or not working, it's about they're deprecated and
> > shouldn't be used anymore.
>
> This is crazy. Software is not a food. It does not have expiry date.
> If it works and does not have a better replacement I keep using it.

Thank God, it's not just me who thinks this way.
It's unreasonable to remove working software from the moonbase!
If it does not compile and nobody cares about fixing it,
it's perfectly fine to remove it.

I discussed this with wdp and auke when he pushed the commit,
but they reasoned to just remove those old modules as we are missing
manpower to support them.

I proposed to add a warning to modules in zdeprecated
(maybe in BUILD_CONFIGURE or BUILD_PRE_BUILD) which states
that the module is not officially supported anymore, but might still work.
This was rejected by auke and dagbrown arguing that there is no sense in
keeping those modules at all.

v4hn