[patch] glibc-2.15

dveatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 9 12:52:53 CEST 2012

On 04/02/2012 06:32 PM, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for brave testers: glibc-2.15. Enjoy.
> As usually I expect someone will test this.
>
> I tested it on 3 32bit lunars - update from 2.14.1.
> Build clean, reboot clean, lunar fix - clean, nothing was needed to
> rebuild. I also implemented support for linux-stable (problem reported by
> wdp) - this one not tested I do not use linux-stable.
>
> Highlights:
> * works and builds fine with march=native and other.
> *if you have recent cpu glibc will use sse2, ssse3 up to sse4.2 and avx to
> accelerate processing both on 32/64bit.

Bumping glibc and calling it good is not sufficient given the things you
tested. Did you actually do a lunar rebuild? Sure in the past this
module bump has compiled fine but til you start recompiling installed
modules you'll never know just what it will effect. The last bump of
this is a good example. Why do you think I was adding things like
"CFLAGS=" -lm" to a lot of the BUILD files.