gcc-4.6.1 and xulrunner

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 15 16:56:54 CEST 2011

The gcc bump tanks xulrunner and xulrunner2 that are currently  in moonbase.
Tried -fpermissive  as the make error indicated but that just causes it to
barf further down the process on some ANSI stuff. Also tried a few patches
coughed up by Google search and those did not work with similar ANSI barf-age.

So jumping to the head of the line I tried xulrunner-7.0.1 and it was fine with
the gcc bump. A minor adjustment to the BUILD was needed; its make install
omits the installation of a few js related .h files.

I have tried current moonbase versions of seamonkey, thunderbird, gecko-
mediaplayer, OpenSceneGraph and libproxy with xulrunner-7.0.1; they are fine.

I have not tried miro, openoffice-src or yelp. Google-gadgets-for-linux tanks
and atm have no fix for that one.

Does anyone know why we cannot bump xulrunner to 7.0.1 and git rm xulrunner2?

--
Dennis Veatch
Lunar-Linux Developer