[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> linux-3: new module: Linux kernel v 3.2.0-rc2

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Nov 20 14:34:48 CET 2011

> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>
> we decide on #lunar that we were not going to go that route... we were
> going to introduce a linux module (no version numbers!) if you would
> be more on irc you would know that.

Ooooops :)
Having one module for kernel is great thing from maintenace point of view
but may cause troubles from user point of view because of out of tree
drivers and binary blobs like nvidia, broadcom, ATI/AMD which usually can
not keep up with current major release. And we have too small
user/hardware base to test all this stuff for compatibility. Another non
conflicting kernel module gives an user choice what likes the most and
when to migrate. I still have linux-2.6 installed just in case because run
linux-3 since yesterday and I'm not sure yet if I found and fixed all
incompatibilities.

Irc is great but do not have time. Sorry. I put my time 99% on coding and
testing 1% for talking on ML. This way is the most beneficial to Lunar.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski