me no rtfm (prefers girstickenpoken)

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Sun May 1 13:27:04 CEST 2011

On Monday, April 25, 2011 06:36:26 PM Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > Florin's udev bump to 168 broke my box. Looking at this superficially
> > and just noting what happened and this box configuration;
>
> I fixed other issue udev 167/168 connected, it may fix this one.
> Do lunar update - lunar-init will be updated.
> lin -w 168 udev and reboot.
>
> First there is no error message about /run/udev not being writable in udev
> 167/168 - you will see it only if init scripts messages move over screen
> slowly during boot.
>
> Second udev 168 did not mount all partitions except / and swap.
> This fix also fixed this for me.
>
> Now udev 168 works for me on 3 lunar machines: desktop/netbook/vmware.
>
> If patch is correctly applied after boot you will not see /dev/.udev
> directory anymore.
>
> have a nice day,
> Zbigniew Luszpinski

I seriously doubt you have systemd properly installed and afaict its --with-
distro=other means we need to do some massaging of Lunar to use most of it.

As I understand it, to be certain you are actually using systemd the kernel
needs `init=/bin/systemd`. When I have tried that on two boxes the first errors
you see after "Welcome to Linux!" are;

/sbin/modprobe failed with error code 1

Cannot open /etc/machine-id: No such file or directory

/etc/mtab is not a symlink; should point to /proc/self/mounts

/lib/systemd/system/udev.service Invalid executable path, ignoring

udev.service lacks ExecStart setting. Refusing

/bin/loadkeys failed with error 1 <--- kbd module instalss in /usr/bin
/bin/setfont failed with error 1    <--- kbd module installs in /usr/bin

So afaict Lunar is in no shape for systemd to be a drop-in.

--
Dennis `stumbles` Veatch
Lunar Linux Developer