cloog

wookietreiber kizkizzbangbang at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 23 14:59:49 CET 2011

Yesterday I stumbled across cloog-ppl, an optional dependency of gcc. I checked
whether its version is up to date and discovered on the website of cloog that
there are actually three versions of cloog:

1. cloog (which is based on an internal module called isl)
2. cloog-polylib (based on polylib)
3. cloog-parma (based on ppl)

http://www.bastoul.net/cloog/download.php

We currently have only cloog-parma aka cloog-ppl in moonbase. The download page
of cloog says "CLooG 0.16.1: official and recommended isl-based version", i.e.
we are not using the recommended choice as a default.

What I want to ask with this mail is how we are going to proceed with cloog:

1. cloog-ppl is now called cloog-parma, I suggest we rename the module.

2.1 I think, we should switch to the recommended isl-based cloog, that's why I
bring this up here.

2.2 The question then is: do we also want to have cloog-parma and cloog-polylib
in moonbase? If so, they all should conflict on each other (I have seen at least
one conflicting file, i.e. /usr/bin/cloog, but the shared libs have different
names) and since all of them may be used by modules, e.g. gcc, there propably
should be an alias for them.

What do you think about it?

Best regards
Christian Krause aka wookietreiber