Dependencies, their tracking and what we need to improve.

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 14 18:44:04 CEST 2011

> But the problem is this; there are many modules with their configure
> and cmake scripts that have no corresponding on/off switch.
> For example; kdelibs4 has no way to enable/disable grantlee even though
> it can be used during its build. So what is an acceptable method of
> handling these types of optional_depends?

At one point I wondered whether it would be possible for the "post install"
phase to run 'lvu links' and add missing modules to the depends cache.

The disadvantage is that it only works for "compiled" modules that access
installed libraries, and not for modules using Python, Perl, etc., so how
would lunar know when to call 'lvu links' and when to rely on DEPENDS only?

D.