searching missing dependencies

wookietreiber kizkizzbangbang at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:19:01 CET 2011

Hello,

as you may have noticed, I recently submitted a lot of modules with a subject like 'foo: added missing dependency'

You can see the algorithm I use to detect those attached as a bash script. Whats not in there is that I usually check the configure script of $MOD on a missing dependency to figure out whether its optional or not.

In case you're wondering why I do this:

- for completness sake
- completeness sake includes:
  - 'lvu leafs' should show ONLY leaves, which it doesn't with missing dependencies
  - improved build order for e.g. 'lunar rebuild': some modules may be built, because they are leaves, after the ones depending on it -- I consider this error-prone
  - actually everything concerning the dependency tree, I think

Best regards
Christian Krause aka wookietreiber