systemd and fsck

samuel samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:19:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

As already mentioned on the channel, we have a problem with the
current fsck in lunar.
Seems like we are using the one that is installed by e2fsprogs.
Systemd seems to expect the one from util-linux (it's appending some
kind of argmument that is not supported by the one from e2fsprogs.

BUILD from util-linux:
<snip>
  OPTS+=" --enable-arch --enable-agetty --disable-init --disable-kill \
          --disable-last --disable-mesg --enable-partx --enable-raw \
          --enable-rename --disable-reset --disable-login-utils \
          --enable-schedutils --disable-wall --enable-write --disable-fsck"  &&
</snip>

Both wdp and me have tested to disable the one from e2fsprogs and
enable the one from util-linux and that seems to work just fine.
Tested on at least 2 systemd systems and one sysvinit system.

For ppl running lunar update with a lunar fix enabled the fix
shouldn't have any influence. Other ppl could potentially break their
system (only in the case they would reboot with a dirty / partition
and a failed update).

How should we proceed? Auke?

gr,S.