sun-jdk: version bump to 6u27 - some tips

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Aug 20 18:03:42 CEST 2011

Dnia sobota, 20 sierpnia 2011 15:39:42 wookietreiber pisze:
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 12:51:46PM +0200, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > Hi Christian,
> >
> > 1) There is no 6u27 release yet. Please revert your commit. The
> > package file can not be downloaded so there is build error. sun-jdk
> > is important module so do it asap.
> >
> > 2) source_vfy - sha1: is empty it is obvius when there is no package
> > released yet to know the checksum. :)
> >
> > 3) if you bump details remember to also bump details.x86_64
> >
> > have a nice day,
> > Zbigniew Luszpinski
>
> sry about that bad bump ... hope the current one fixes it ...

Yep. It downloads fine, checksum ok. Installation stops later nagging for
registration and pressing Enter. This is not welcome because modules
should be non interactive (except Lunar questions at the beginning).

You can handle such situation in 3 ways:
1. find a file package which does not ask questions (rarely possible)
2. if application has setup/install script look for any parameter which
bypasses questions (--accept-license in dlj java package used before, -
noregister in package found by you).
3. if both above not possible patch setup/installer. This was the case I
have done to acroread module for example.

Finally always lin from zlocal modules you are about to put into moonbase.
This way you can catch most problems a module user may encounter and avoid
grumble on dev ML.

I added -noregister for sun-jdk commit and cleaned up non working --
accept-license --unpack parameters.

Thanks for commit. Next time will be better. :)

have nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski