submission ZopeInterface.patch was rejected

engelsman at lunar-linux.org engelsman at lunar-linux.org
Sat May 29 10:53:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've rejected your patch for 2 reasons:

1. the original version built for me without your change

2. the UPDATED field should not have been updated because the patch
   did not involve a new version, or a required bug-fix, so everyone
   would have rebuilt it during an update even if there was no need

I don't run any local web servers on this box, so I don't know whether
your patch really addressed a run-time rather than a build problem.

On a vaguely related note, the Zope module itself does not build for
Python-2.6.5. Are you using Zope too? If so, can you check it out?

I found that changing the sedit in BUILD to insert 2.6.5 does not
allow immediate install. Changing the sedit to '/TARGET=/s:2.4.3:2.6.5:'
shows assert errors during the build, but Zope does install.
However, as I can't test that it works, I didn't make this change.

Thank you for submitting updates to us!