to kde module developers: kde itself and all kde applications have broken integration with dbus and policykit

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Tue Jul 13 23:27:54 CEST 2010

> On Monday, July 12, 2010 5:15:47 pm Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > How about yet another solution: let's do skeleton symlinks before kde
> > install:
> > ln -sf /usr/share/polkit-1		/opt/lunar/kde/4/share/polkit-1
> > ln -sf /usr/share/dbus-1		/opt/lunar/kde/4/share/dbus-1
> > ln -sf /usr/share/PolicyKit		/opt/lunar/kde/4/share/PolicyKit
> > ln -sf /etc						/opt/lunar/kde/4/etc
> >
> > This way all required files should jump in right directories without
> > the need of moving kde to /usr.
> >
> > have a nice day,
> > Zbigniew Luszpinski
>
> Hmm.
>
> The only thing I don't like about that is the /etc symlink.

It is not so bad as it looks I think:
ls /opt/lunar/kde/4/etc
dbus-1  ksysguarddrc  xdg

If kde will be installed in /usr it will become /usr/etc where nothing
interesting  lies. This will be problem because dbus-1 files again will
not go to right place. That is why I start to think the symlinks idea is
much better than moving to /usr.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski