Florin (or someone else) please revert mysql from 5.0.90 back to 5.1.44 new mysql does NOT break akonadi

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 26 01:37:57 CET 2010

On Thursday 25 February 2010 7:07:17 pm Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Florin (or someone else) please revert mysql from 5.0.90 back to 5.1.44
> asap.  New mysql does NOT break akonadi. Currently I can not do this
> myself.
> After lining mysql you have to lin qt4 to recompile qt4's mysql driver. I
> also lined akonadi then but I think lining qt4 might be enough. lunar
> fix/nofix will NOT detect the need of qt4 recompilation because of mysql
> change.
>
> Going back to 5.0.90 is the worst thing. I doubt it will have new security
> releases. Now on my machine KMail, a heavy akonadi dependent util, works
> perfect and akonadi starts well with MySQL 5.1.44 running.
>
> have a nice day,
> Zbigniew Luszpinski

Yes we are aware of this and some of the issues you noted. Even though a lunar
fix or update does not find anything wrong with qt4 after the bump to
mysql-5.1.44, you still need to relin qt4.

Ratler is working on a revamp of the mysql module and I am testing his changes
atm. Mysql will most likely be bumped tomorrow.

Dennis.