Removal of 2.4 based stuff in Lunar - Question(s)

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Mon Apr 19 11:55:14 CEST 2010

Dear Developers,

while Ratler and i want to modify an init script (mount) to perform
better and to simplify it more we came to all the compatibility code for
2.4 based Kernels. As we would both like to discontinue 2.4 based
Kernels in Lunar Linux we're coming to the obvious Questions:

     1. Anyone against removal of 2.4 related things?
     2. Anyone still "needing" (implements using) 2.4. related things?

Please let us know soon. I also wrote an eMail to the normal
Maillinglist, asking whether someone is still using 2.4 based Lunar systems.

Cheers
Jean-Michel Bruenn