Multilib lunar

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 3 14:51:14 CEST 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009 8:02:49 am Peter de Ridder wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Dennis
>
> Veatch<dennisveatch at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> My motives are that some programs I want to use don't come in a 32-bit
> >> version and more important I like to do it as a hobby project. So for
> >> me it wouldn't be waste time, but spend time.
> >> I know there are other solutions like chroot.
> >
> > Aside from those noted in this thread, would you mind listing the
> > applications that makes this an important feature of lunar?
>
> It is about the modules you noted later on. grub, wine and maybe some
> other emulators. (I don't know all the modules, for me it is mostly
> grub and wine). It is not my goal to make all modules in 64-bit and
> 32-bit. Just to support those that really need 32-bit.
> What is know of that needs 32-bit.
> grub: not many or no dependencies.

I think grub is more of an up stream issue than anything else. If the
developers would just finish grub2 it would be a non-issue. qemu/kqemu compile
fine on x86_64 but have not tried any others.

At one point I had virtualbox nearly compiling on x86_64. The make failed on
some assembly stuff and anything I might have known about it has long since
been forgotten.

--
Dennis
You can tuna piano, but you can't tune a fish.