Minimal Lunar system

Peter de Ridder peter at xfce.org
Sun Nov 22 22:40:40 CET 2009

Hi,

I created a minimal Lunar system with only the sustained modules and
it's dependencies.
I created this to test module dependencies, to see if these are complete.
I tested all sustained modules and some are missing build
dependencies: (Should these be added to the DEPENDS files)
bash
- bison
e2fsprogs
- pkgconfig
perl
- which
attr
- autimoake
readline
- perl
glibc has a optional dependency on perl, but without perl it can't be installed.
On a side note: All packages which use ./configre need
kernel-header-2.x installed, these are in DEPENDS if glibc so this
won't be much of a problem unless they are removed, a simple lin
kernel-header-2.6 will resolve it.

I also tested for runtime dependencies. I did lrm `lvu installed | cut
-d: -f1` (**WARNING** this breaks you system).
After this, the minimal system was broken and unable to recover. (Only
by manual extraction tar caches).
Here is a list of runtime dependencies missing: (Should these be added
to sustained)
lunar
- gawk
grep
- pcre
expr
- gmp
gcc
- gmp
- mpfr
Non fatal dependencies missing:
lvu diff
- diffutils (theedge and lunar depends on this, so it is ok)
lunar locking
- procps (theedge and lunar don't depend on this, should this be added
to DEPENDS)

Regards,
Peter