Changes in lvm2, dmraid and mkinitrd

Peter de Ridder peter at xfce.org
Thu Nov 12 20:21:32 CET 2009

Hi,

I have made some changes to lvm2, dmraid, dmraid-static and mkinitrd.
These have impact on the boot of the system, so I didn't just want to
lvu submit them.

lvm2: Added --enable-static_link.
  This is necessary for dmraid-static. Also needed for mkinitrd
lvm.static, when not useing the lvm module.
dmraid: Version bump.
  Dependency changed from device_mapper to lvm2.
dmraid-static: Version bump.
  Dependency changed from device_mapper to lvm2.
mkinitrd:
  Removed install of installkernel. Another version is already
installed by lunar-tools. (Debatable, maybe others want the mkinitrd
version)
  Signedness patch. Fixes signedness compile errors. Probably because
of gcc4 stricter checks.
  Dmraid patch. Make dmraid available in the initrd to support fake
raid. This should be check for none raid and lvm users. (Maybe only
apply this patch if dmraid-static in installed, optional depends)
  The dmraid patch also changes the cpio line (-c to -Hnewc) i thought
the newer kernels require this.

In my opinion can lvm2, dmraid and dmraid-static be submitted, but
mkinitrd should probebly be reviewed.

The diffs and patches are attahed it the tar.bz2 file.

Regards,
Peter