default_cmake

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Tue Mar 24 03:55:53 CET 2009

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I don't want to go off-topic here, but could anyone please comment on
> the default_python_build and init.d detection patches I sent to this
> list a bit more than a week ago?

in principle all those patches are ok, but like the cmake one, we have
to maintain some basic rules for these:

1 - clear difference between "configure" and "build" phases, and run
prepare_install in between

2 - prefer GNU make over other build systems by default (IOW, if
'Makefile' exists use it, instead of attempting a CMake build just
because 'configure' did not exist).

I haven't looked too closely in all the examples flying by, but I can
see about merging them in theedge and taking a close look myself to make
sure we don't break any modules expecting above behaviour.

Auke