default_cmake

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 23 04:01:05 CET 2009

On Sunday 22 March 2009 8:30:35 am Dennis Veatch wrote:
> Been playing around with a new default_cmake function for build.lunar.
> There isn't all that much to it really. Just using the the cmake entries in
> the kde4 BUILD modules and poking that into default_cmake. It will work for
> those cmake+modules that use " cmake ." and "cmake $SOURCE_DIRECTORY".
>  I have tried with; kdelibs4, kdebindings4, avidemux, telepathy-qt, and
> others. If you want to give it a spin here it is.

Here is a slight change to the last patch. All it does is add a
default_cmake_build to include default_make. Have not found a cmake dependent
module that has failed to build.

One thing I would like to incorporate is the ability of build.lunar (or
appropriate script) to, in a sane way, detect if it should use default_build
or default_cmake_build.

Any thoughts about about how to do that is appreciated. One thought was to do
something like PSAFE such as CMAKE=yes. Not real fond of that idea, nor looked
at the logic to make it happen.

Another thought. Alter the run_build function starting on line 396. The idea
here is to test for the presence of CMakeLists.txt, if there, then
default_cmake_build, else default_build. AFAICT from the cmake documentation,
any project using cmake, will at the minimum have CMakeLists.txt in its top
level directory.

Anyway, that's about as far as the gray matter has gotten. So feel free to
critique on any level.

--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/
It's worth the spin.