gcc 4.4 plugin needs further update for Alpha, PowerPC, Sparc and verify Intel extensions

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Dec 19 03:15:08 CET 2009

Hello,

I have just updated gcc 4.4 plugin. See changes and how to install on General Lunar mailing list.
The things which need some more work are:
*CPU families I do not know: Alpha, PowerPC, Sparc - someone who knows have to update CPU list for these architectures.
x86 and x86_64 families are current now.

*Intel CPU extensions like:
SSSE3
SSE4
SSE4.1
SSE4.2
SSE5 - this is for future AMD CPUs. No present CPU has this.
AVX
AES
PCLMUL
I do not have Intel CPU so these extensions are not detected now.
Someone who has recent Intel CPU can check /proc/cpuinfo and update gcc plugin or send me /proc/cpuinfo file so I will look and update gcc plugin by myself.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski