Patches & Modules - Questions and your Opinion?

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Mon Mar 17 18:15:25 CET 2008

To date there are probably both types of patches in moonbase. Mostly we strive
for patches that are only necessary to get a module to compile/run/install
correctly. Occaisionally we have the patches that are for security updates too,
but those tend to be in the security-related apps, like moonbase/crypto or
moonbase/security.

We try NOT to include bash patches, unless someone can show they are absolutely
critical-type patches. GLIBC patches tend to fall into the same category. Your
glibc example is moot as glibc is at 2.7 in moonbase currently.

As to who decides whether a patch is needed -- that would mainly be a lunar dev
who is willing to TEST and document such a patch, or a really determined lunar
user, who submits such a patched module.

Terry Chan