[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> Phun: 2D physics simulator. Educational.

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Mar 8 03:29:10 CET 2008

Saturday 08 of March 2008 00:19:49 Kok, Auke wrote:
> it appears the new boost BUILD fixes this, but I'm too afraid to lin boost
> now (and I'd have to wait for two days for it to complete anyway).
>
> I made the symlink manually and it works... well, it did crash my box
> entirely at the 6th simulation. doh.
>
> Auke

There is much improvement in recent boost build. It does not take days to
build as before. Boost on my machine was ready in less than one longer visit
in restroom. :o)

I also had problem with missing boost filesys library. It seems the older
boost builds were broken a little bit or something other removed the file.

The entire crash may happen because of bug in gfx driver OpenGL
implementation. Depends on GPU and driver vendor. Try to turn off some gfx
effects. Or update driver to current version. Another option is to use other
GPU/driver. If your acpi was compiled using microsoft buggy compiler instead
of Intel high quality compiler turn acpi and apic off in kernel parameters.

For me phun never crashed. There is no phun crash reports so far so the crash
looks box dependent.

zbiggy