=?UTF-8?Q?Re:_file_conflicts, _how_do_you_think_which_files_are_worth?= removing?

zbiggy@o2.pl zbiggy at o2.pl
Tue Jun 3 21:04:23 CEST 2008

2 6 2008 19:42 "Kok, Auke" wrote:
> Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > Saturday 31 of May 2008 19:19:21 Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> >> rpm:/usr/bin/rpm2cpio
> >> rpmunpack:/usr/bin/rpm2cpio
> >
> > rpmunpack has one additional exec: rpmunpack
> > rpm module installs much more but not rpmunpack.
> > Mark'em as conflicting?
>
> yep. this is obvious (maybe painful, because it breaks things like j2sdk which are
> shipped in rpm form only and lunar needs rpmunpack to open it)

Will try another way: on rpm install I'll try to install rpmunpack file as part of rpm.
This should resolve conflict in less painful way.

> >> libXpm:/usr/bin/cxpm
> >> xpm:/usr/bin/cxpm
> >> libXpm:/usr/bin/sxpm
> >> xpm:/usr/bin/sxpm
> >> libXpm:/usr/include/X11/xpm.h
> >> xpm:/usr/include/X11/xpm.h
> >
> > libXpm installs everything what xpm installs plus some more.
> > Remove xpm module?
>
> if you fix emacs, icewm, emacs-cvs (they depend on xpm).

libXpm is not compatibile to xpm at API/headers?
Someone uses these apps and can confirm/deny compatibility?

P.S. I'll go back home at Saturday so if someone could check this it would be nice.
If someone would like to solve all these conflicts earlier, you are welcome.
I will start fixing this at Friday night after checking moonbase git.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski