[Lunar-commits] qt4-apps: Adding a folder for qt4 based modules.

Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel v3rt1g0 at lunar-linux.org
Wed Jan 9 04:12:29 CET 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 5:21 PM, stumbles <stumbles at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> commit 1b682e0aff5ca2ba4bdc9a26f2f7ed9189e2f870
> Author: stumbles <stumbles at lunar-linux.org>
> Date:   Tue Jan 8 18:21:34 2008 -0500
>
>     qt4-apps: Adding a folder for qt4 based modules.
> ---

Can I ask why we are considering GUI toolkits for section naming?  I
thought we shot that idea down months and months ago.

Sections are best thought of as groupings based on function not on
what language the software is in or what libraries the software use.
for example net-chat would be a good name that would deal with chat
software (psi), and security (or crypto) would be a good name for
encryption software (qca).  WHen someone is using 'lvu section
sectionName' it's proabbly not because they are interested (or even
care about) what libraries the application use, they are about the
applications' purposes.  lvu section games  (vs lvu section SDL-apps).

If a user wanted to see things advertised as an SDL app, maybe lvu
search would be a more appropriate method (or we could introduce
'tags' into the moonbase where we could tag modules as 'gtk2, game,
network' or 'chat, qt4'

--
  _
(\o/) Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel <chad.kittel at gmail.com>