lunar-1.6.4-beta1-i686.iso some feedback

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Wed Dec 3 08:57:30 CET 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 00:05 +0100, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think speedtch DSL modem support should be removed from boot kernel of
> lunar-1.6.4-beta1 ISO. I use this modem and when it is connected to computer
> during iso boot the kernel segfaults during speedtch module init and freezes.
> CONFIG_USB_SPEEDTOUCH=n
> Another reason for removing it from bootkernel is that the speedtouch USB
> modem will not work without binary firmware uploaded to modem during every
> boot. Lunar iso has no such firmware files so modem will not work even if
> speedtch module will be working.

Fixed for the final iso.

> Another issue is with time zones installer menu. For lunar-1.6.4-beta1-i686
> this is complete mess. This is weird as earlier isos have working time zones
> menu.

Could you elaborate this further? Because I can't find any issues with
the time zone menu.

> The last issue candidate is creation of swap file. After creating swap
> partition in previous step, the next step for creating swap file should not
> appear because swap was already created.

This have been fixed for the final iso. The menu will appear but as
green and the next highlighted step will be "Install lunar".

Thanks for the input and sorry for the delayed response.

--
Sincerely
Stefan Wold