Coreutils update/mktemp

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Apr 20 21:38:22 CEST 2008

Sunday 20 of April 2008 13:56:49 Moritz Heiber wrote:
> So, how are we going to resolve this issue?
>
> I'd say we add a CONFLICTS for coreutils on mktemp, remove the
> dependencies of theedge/lunar on mktemp and remove the module about 2
> months later. Any objections?

"Mktemp is a small program to allow safe temporary file creation from shell
scripts. (...)
The current release is version 1.5, released on April 1, 2003.
A different, but compatible, implementation of mktemp is available as part of
GNU coreutils." from: http://www.mktemp.org/

The last 2 lines should be considered:
"A different, but compatible, implementation of mktemp is available as part of
GNU coreutils."

The question is how much different, but compatible it is.
And if this difference is important to us.

coreutils is still developed when mktemp package stopped on April 1, 2003.

just some things I found,
zbiggy