[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> fglrx: someone forgot to update x64 details

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Thu Apr 3 16:51:37 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 14:29 +0200, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Thursday 03 of April 2008 04:03:36 Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > On Wednesday 02 April 2008 21:34:10 Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > > commit b26e1ef7f0c479ef4dbfddfa0cacaa131b3b070a
> > No I didn't forget. It did not work for me so bumpeth it I did not.
>
> You should write this in commit log. Now I know why it was not bumped and will
> revert my last commit.

A common rule when commiting stuff is that we actually test them first.
If you don't have a 64-bit lunar don't touch the 64-bit stuff.
So in short:

1) Do your changes
2) Compile the module
3) Check if the program / library appear to be working
4) Run lvu install module to verify that files are in the correct place
5) Run lvu links module to verify that the module didn't link against a
missing dependency, if so add it to the DEPENDS file.
6) If all above looks ok then commit the change / module

This is basicly the rules all developers should honor. A few exceptions
exist where one should ask another developer to test the module, such as
glibc, bash, Linux-PAM, coreutils etc etc. To assure quality in Lunar
this is the least I expect from the developer team.

That's my 2 copper

--
Sincerely
Stefan Wold