glibc 2.6 question

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Mon Sep 24 18:40:08 CEST 2007

Moritz Heiber wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:36:05 +0200
> Zbigniew Luszpinski <zbiggy at o2.pl> wrote:
>

>> In old days this procedure was working.
>
> But we're not in the old days. I think Terry knows exactly why and how
> things need to to be compiled against specific .. I'm not sure on the
> details .. but I'm sure he might be able to clarify. What I know for
> certain is that the current kernel headers need to be gone over by
> special make target (make headers I think .. or make headers_install)
> in order for them to work as system headers.

this copies the *entire* kernel headers over including __KERNEL__ parts that
should never be exposed to userspace. This is completely wrong. You *must*
strip the kernel headers down to the parts that are meant for userspace.

The newer crater module does this at least the right way, and it's what we should use.

Auke