php module

Samuel Verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:18:25 CEST 2007

There are quite some issues with our php/php5 modules

1. actually the internal gd lib is preferred over the external one
(imagerotate() is not available if you use the external gd lib)

2. that imap hack is fugly and not even functioning in php5

3. IT CHANGE CONFIG FILES WITHOUT EVEN NOTICING USERS.... This is like
the most evil module in moonbase... When was it decided that we could
actually *touch* config files in /etc ???

solutions:

1. throw away the optional_depends on gd and add an MQUERY for
--with-gd (which automatically results in using the internal one)

2. throw away everything that mentions imap

3. delete the POST_INSTALL file.

if no one reacts on this i'll do so on monday.

gr,S.