Bash-3.2

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Sun Sep 9 00:27:17 CEST 2007

Hello,

i updated bash locally to 3.2 and used the bash-upstream-fixes
(patches) from bash. Seems that everything is running (tested some
lunar commands and other things). I would be glad if some other people
could test it, too. Do not submit it.. just test it and send me an
report ;-)

If i remember correct we don't want to have much patches in moonbase,
thats why i explain why i used patches for bash:

	1.) The patches are from upstream (URL:
              http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/bash-3.2-patches/)
	      so they should be okay.
	2.) We don't update Bash as often (fast) so i think it's okay
	      to have or use patches for bash (it's not much work)

I merged every patch from that URL to one big patch file, so that we
don't need to give 25 patch uri in the Details file. This patch file is
located here:
	http://www.jeanbruenn.info/lunar/patches/bash-3.2-fixes-1.patch
I wrote every patch description as a comment in that file, so that
everyone can see what patch i used and what it does.

Attached you'll find a "lvu diff" of bash (bash.patch) and my Patch
file (bash-3.2-fixes-1.patch). Please test this update carefully and
report problems so that i can try to fix them. If everything wents okay
sofar or someone else could upload my patch file to the mirrors patch
directory.

Any questions? Feel free to write me.

cheers
Jean